Monday, December 16, 2013

Postfix queue file corrupted

Standard
Today, my Fedora based mail server crashed. It is has a small (160G) drive for the base file system and a RAID 5 (4x500G) for storage. Unfortunately yesterday I found that the hard drive holding the base system started to crash. Fortunately I had a copy of that drive made couple of weeks ago using dd command.
After a few fixes like a httpd conf, and some symbolic links everything started to work again.
Buuuuuuuut… Just a few e-mails arrived in my Inbox.
I observed in my /var/log/maillog some messages like this:

postfix/qmgr[9038]: fatal: 66F414D43: envelope records out of order

I searched for the files in the mail spool and I removed them. Indeed those files looked strange than others.

#cd /var/spool
#find . -name "*66F414D43*"

and I removed all all the files found:

rm -rf ./postfix/defer/6/66F414D43 ./postfix/active/66F414D43


Source : http://techie.yellowgnu.net/postfix-queue-corrupted/

0 comments:

Post a Comment